"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bennington Mugs painting for Class

This is the painting I have prepared for tomorrow night's intermediate watercolor class. For the subject I selected my favorite mugs - from Bennington Pottery in Vermont - which we received as a wedding present almost 50 years ago. I have always loved their beautiful lines and they are so unique since they are all individually hand made.
The painting is small - 8" x 6" and is painted on 140 lb. Canson cold-pressed watercolor paper.

5 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Barbara,
This painting will provide good practice with shapes, shadows and values. Your students are quite fortunate.

Barb Sailor said...

Christiane...It went very well tonight. I set up the mug still life and had them do their own drawings - of course they were apprehensive, but all went well. I'll take a picture of the finished projects and post it when they are done.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

What a way to encourage their drawing skills as well as values. This is a subtle painting, but has so many great elements. Nice, Barb!

Barb Sailor said...

Thanks Susan...it sounds like you are getting in to the painting groove again - great! I love painting with my painting friends on Thursdays.

Seema Misra said...

This is soo cool :D