"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Annual Family Christmas in Cleveland


Every year we all pack up and go to Cleveland for our annual Christmas Celebration with the family from my side. I was born and raised there, and, for the most part, the majority of the family still lives in that area, except, of course, for my husband, my children and grandchildren and myself. My brother still lives in our family home and it is very wonderful and nostalgic to have our holiday celebration there, as we have for almost 60 years. This year 34 of us were able to be there. My oldest child and her husband and daughter were in Puerto Rico visiting their son, Matt, a pilot for American Airlines, who is headquartered there. Nephew Jamie is in Abu Dhabi with the Air Force. Otherwise everyone was there - it was great. The top picture is of the group and the bottom picture is of my 2 brothers and me with Santa Claus - who was quite a hit at the celebration. Great fun, delicious food and especially loving family - what more can you ask?

No comments: