"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Still Life With Ceramic Chicken


This is my latest oil painting. My Thursday painting group - the Muses - set up a still life in my studio because it was too windy to paint en plein air, as we had originally planned. So - I scavenged around my basement and came up with some items associated with fall and Michelle put it together into a still life. This is the result of my painting efforts - I life parts of it and there are also weak areas (like the rooster). Oh well.................
It is 8"x10" in size and painted on canvas board.

6 comments:

Mary Paquet said...

Barbara, lovely. I especially like the light and shadow in the painting -- the way you nailed the highlights on the ceramic pumpkin and jug. This piece really says fall to me.

Barbra Joan said...

Excellent fall still life, captures it really well, and did that chicken eat some of that corn?

Barb Sailor said...

Mary...Thanks for the comments. I am anxious to get back to watercolor and to try some of your stamping techniques. Love that!

Barb Sailor said...

Barbra Joan...yes - that chicken age a LOT of that corn - glad you could tell that from the painting. Thanks for visiting!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Barbara, this is very nice. I really like the composition with its many triangular shapes. Like Mary, I really appreciated your play of light and shadows - well done!

Barb Sailor said...

Christiane...The triangular composition was just a happy accident - sort of the way the still life was set up. Thanks for the comments - Always appreciated.