"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Riverside Art Center Watercolor Class




On September 21st we began the fall session of watercolor painting at the arts center in Wapakoneta, Ohio. We have 6 students (and 1 part time). They range in age from 13 to 71 (the teacher,) and are a wonderful, fun group of people. This project was of a vintage truck in a wet-in-wet background using a lot of negative painting in the background. As you can see, they are doing very well. The other two pictures show the students with their beach scene (from a Susie Short tutorial on the internet) and an abstract tree scene which incorporates calligraphic line accents and the wash techniques of Gary Lipscomb. Zoey, our youngest student has done very well - she didn't have two of her paintings with her, but I thought it would be nice to have her in all 3 pictures. Great Work, painters!

5 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Isn't it great fun to be together with the students and watch their enthusiasm at creating? They seem to blossom right before your eyes. Their paintings look great, thanks for sharing them with us

Have fun, Barb!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Barbara,
Your students' work looks very good...you must be a very good teacher!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Barbara, I would be very honored if you accepted the Kreativ Blogger award that I would like to give me on my blog site.

Barb Sailor said...

Christiane...Thank you so much for thinking of me for the Kreativ Blogger award. I received this award in August, probably before you started reading my blog. It is a very thoughtful thing to think of me and I appreciate it very much.
Barb

Barb Sailor said...

Christiane...I don't know how good a teacher I am, but I have been doing it a long time and love teaching art. I think that is what is important!
Barb