"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, June 30, 2009





Well...I am home from the northwoods of Wisconsin - as you can see I managed to get my rotund body into a kayak and had an absolutely wonderful time paddling in Morton Lake. My friend Karol and I spent a great afternoon taking pictures and cruising around the area ending up in Manatowish Waters at a wine tasting in a wine shop...yum...now back to reality...time to paint again! The lower scene is taken from an overlook over McCullough Lake, part of Natural Lakes Nature Preserve, when I was staying with my friend Charlyne, whose home is on Morton Lake, part of the Natural Lakes.

2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Sounds like you had a really good time up here "in our woods"! And you got some better weather. Boy, right now we are setting records for COLD up here again! With highs in the 50s! You picked your time well. I hope you got my email about the little frypan which I also have linked to my batik section now. A friend in Florida read the blog and remembered where she bought hers! I sent it to Sandy Maudlin as well as I know her classes are looking for it. Hoping you'll have to put my blog site on your blog soon..I keep checking. It's so kind of you to offer to do that. ginnstiles.blogspot.com Can't wait to see what you'll be painting next!

Barb Sailor said...

Ginny...thanks for commenting ... i had a wonderful time "in your woods" - i usually do...this was my 8th visit to the Presque Isle/Boulder Junction area...i adore it up there. I spent my rainy Saturday afternoon talking to artists at the gallery in BJ ... great way to spend a rainy day. A local artists was demonstrating. It was very nice. Maybe we can get together next year! I have been busy pulling things together here, but plan to paint a little this evening.