"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 9, 2009

I read about a technique on the blog "Sandy Maudlin's Art Journey" that described a method of texturizing w/c paper with bubbles. It sounded fascinating - everything on her blog is fascinating- so I tried it the other night. I used blue acrylic as my color. I think I could have used more paint since my texture wasn't as dark as I thought it should be. Otherwise, it is a very interesting effect. I thought a snow scene would be nice on it, so I used a photo from Doris Glovier's Flickr site of a cardinal in a tree. Thank you Doris - you are so generous to share your photographs with the WcW members.

1 comment:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Way to go, Barbara. Hope you use the bubble idea again. I like the subtle touch it gave the background without shouting 'technique.' Beautiful painting:-)