"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, July 12, 2008

This is another painting I have prepared for the intermediate watercolor class I am teaching this summer. The objectives for this lesson are learning to paint a stone wall using a wet-in-wet wash, the use of liquid mask (friskit) to retain white or light areas, and painting with a limited palette. Because the source image is from the internet, I will not display or sell the painting after using it for this class. This is strictly for teaching purposes.

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Hi Barb,

If you will send me your e-mail address to susanroper@cox.net I will send you a photo very much like this, but with permission to use for your classes as well as sell the resulting painting. I have used this in several of my Beginning watercolor classes.